Im cleaning out my life, buy some stuff.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Dell C810 laptop


I've bought an Apple ibook, and to afford it, I'm selling my Dell C810 laptop.

This thing works really well, wifi, cdrw/dvd, floppy drive, newer battery that works great. Windows XP Pro installed, as well as Office 2003 (ie Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc)

I'm also including my wireless optical mouse that works great as well. It has a 20gb hardrive that can be expanded up to 80gb to hold all of your music or movies. The floppy drive can be removed quite easily and a second battery can be installed so that you can get up to 5-6 hours at your favorite coffee shop on this thing without using the charger unit. This auction also includes the working wall charger. Also, an inline surge protector that comes with a $5000 warranty should it not work, which I just recently purchased. Also included is a wireless logitech optical mouse.

The specs:
Intel Pentium III processor
1.13 Ghz
512 mb RAM
3com 10/100 mini PCI Ethernet adapter
Windows XP Pro with service pack 2
20gb hard drive

Comes with Norton Antivirus, iTunes, latest version of Firefox, Explorer, Office. This is several hundred dollars worth of software that did not come stock on this laptop.

Included is the Dell device drivers as well as the original Windows 2000 system restore disk.



The screen is in awesome condition, and has no scratches or dead pixels. The keyboard was replaced a year ago, so it is brand new. The battery has been replaced about a year ago also and holds a charge well (ive never timed how long it holds though).

This laptop has the PCMCIA card slots, and will include a wifi card that works great and will pick up wifi very well. I have my house set up wireless and this works great to surf the internet on the couch, or in the kitchen for recipes.

I cant believe how much I paid for this in 2002----honestly, I paid $2700 for this thing. I bought it new, for my job, and thus I am the original owner.

Take a look at the pictures. This laptop isnt brand new, there is some small ghosting around the edges of the screen, but that is the only thing imperfect about this Dell laptop. I have tried to take a picture of this to demonstrate.

I'm just a guy, not a store, so this laptop comes with no warranty, although, I have been using it for the last 4 years semi regularly, so I know that there is nothing wrong with it, and the pictures were just taken, so take a look at them yourself.

The screen hinges are perfect, the latch works great, the keyboard is perfect/new. I installed the OS about 2 months ago, and it is much better than the Windows 2000 that used to be on there. The windows XP Pro is fast and makes the laptop a joy to use.









Read review PCworld gave it in Feb 2002: http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,83367,00.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home